Residents of Chachoengsao village (Thailand) couldn’t help but be surprised when they discovered a python about 3m long tightly wrapped on the top of an electric pole, lying among the wires. Some residents said the snake crawled up the power pole to chase and eat the bird. The incident happened last Friday, February 24, according to the Daily Mail.
“I was sitting watching TV and looking out the window when I suddenly saw a python on an electric pole,” said Mr. Somchai Somboon (45 years old). “The python seems to enjoy being up there and has no intention of crawling back to the ground.”
Concerned that the python might cause a fire, Chachoengsao’s entire electrical system was immediately cut off and rescuers were called to the scene to remove the stubborn animal from the pole.
Although the rescue workers tried to pull and poke, the python was still determined to cling to the electric pole and not let go. After two hours of struggling, rescuers managed to get the python to the ground without damaging the electrical wiring. The python was then carried away to be freed in an abandoned area, far from people’s homes.